Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello World It's me Charley!


Hi there.  Charley here.  I'm new, real new. Like about 9 weeks new.  I've been with my new family, my permanent Mom and Dad for a little over a week.  They are some awesome pawsomes let me tell you.

I had a long car ride after I left my Mom and my sibs, but to be honest I haven't really thought of them that much. I've had so much fun and been so busy with the new folks. I'm a standard poodle by the way and don't let my name fool ya, I am a girl.  I am a very smart cookie.

Things are going well...I'm learning lots.  I pretty much have the whole house scoped out. I race my folks up the stairs to a really cool place where we all sleep at night.  I'm not so good at going down, but I figure there's always something to learn next week.

I'm keeping my new folks on their toes.  They say I was a late mid-life crisis project. My mum has always worked from home and boy does she keep busy.  Dad recently retired and thought I would be good company for help working in the garden and long walks.  Those older folks need to keep limber ya know and I think I have really helped since I've been here. 

The first few days I heard them talking about their backs being a bit sore.  I guess those back muscles and kinks have all been worked out - what with all the bending over they've had to do with picking me up and putting me down. 

Oh and lets not forget the arm workouts, particularly the wrist workouts I have been able to provide with the picking up of the packages and wiping up the tinkles when I didn't get outside in time. 

Since their upper body strength seemed better lately, I decided it was time to start on their lower body strength and work the legs.  I started going outside to leave my packages and tinkles.  Boy, oh boy everyone seems really happy about that, we have a big pawty every time I leave a little something outside in the grass - Who knew! 

My favorite new thing is racing through the house in a big circle.  I go through the kitchen into the front hall around through the living room and back to the kitchen where I slide on the tile.  It's fun!  I saw the big dog they call Reese do it and it was scary when she was running.  But I tried it after she was gone and it is lots of fun!  

I am a good tugger at least that's what Reese's person says - she comes to visit often and usually brings some fun new toy.  She has this thing called a clicker that makes a funny noise. When I hear it I get excited because then I get a little piece of kibble.  It is pretty cool. Tonight I played a game where I would sit and I would hear the click and poof like magic I got a piece of kibble.  Fun, fun! 


Well I better get off the PC as Mum and Dad might be back soon.  Don't want to let them know just how smart I am yet.  Good things come to those who wait! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Charley. Looking forward to following your trail. Happy Sniffing!

    The big dog a.k.a Reese

    ReplyDelete